Friday, July 25, 2008

This is What Happens - Take 1

This is what happens...

You're sitting alone in a bar (because your friend is chatting up some guy across the room), watching the weather on the plasma screen, and you find yourself thinking, 'What the hell am I doing?' And for the hundredth time tonight, you peer around at the people drinking and laughing and try to shake the feeling that you just don't fit. Anywhere. 

That was me about two hours ago. This is me now, still recovering from my wild night of rain forcasts and watered down soda, sitting in my room wondering. What am I doing? Obviously, I'm doing many things, breathing, typing, blinking... but what am I really doing?  And how is it that whatever I'm doing leaves me to feel out of place?

These questions all led me to the realization that I needed to write. And for some reason, my ever-faithful Word document just wasn't going to cut it. I needed the vulnerability that comes with laying your heart out - in written form - for the world to see. (And yes, I realize that assuming the world will see this is slightly grandiose, but I'm nothing if not unrealistic.) 

So, here I am, writing my very first blog. I hope this is the start of something. Anything. 

No comments: